• Cut the yellow pumpkin in half and with a large spoon, by scraping and digging inside the pumpkin, we remove the fibers along with the seeds.
• Cut the pumpkin into large slices.
• Line a large pan with non-stick paper, put the pumpkin slices inside.
• Oil the slices and add salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
• Bake the pumpkin in a preheated oven at 200°C with air for 40 minutes until cooked and soft.
• In a saucepan, melt the butter on a low heat and sauté the chopped onion until it softens without getting colored.
• Remove the baked pumpkin from the skin with a spoon, put the pieces in the pot, add the water and simmer for 20 minutes.
• Add salt and pepper and a little nutmeg.
• Puree it with the hand mixer until it acquires a smooth texture and if necessary add water.
• Finally, add half of the yogurt and mix.
• Leave for 1 minute, then mix, put in a soup bowl or serve in warm bowls.
• Put yogurt in the center of each bowl, sprinkle with fresh thyme.
Tips: A very nice idea for Halloween is to clean the inside of small pumpkins and serve it there.
Recipe by Panagiotis Bracho