1 L hot water
200 gr yellow split peas
1 clove of garlic
6 spoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 laurel leaves
1.200 gr vegetable broth
1 rosemary stick
Lemon shavings and juice from 1 lemon
• Put the yellow split peas in a bowl, pour over hot water and stir with a wooden spoon.
• Strain the yellow split peas and put them into another bowl and leave them to the side.
• Cut the carrot, onion and garlic into thin slices and place in a saucepan. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil, pepper, salt, sugar and laurel leaves.
• Place the pot on high heat and sauté the vegetables 2-3 minutes.
• Next, add the yellow split peas to the saucepan, mix with a wooden spoon and quench with the broth. Add the rosemary.
• Boil over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring continuously until the water evaporates.
• Then remove from the fire, remove rosemary and laurel leaves.
• Pour the bean into the blender, add the zest and lemon juice, 4 tbsp. olive oil and beat until the mixture is homogenized.
Serve with toasted cherry tomatoes and onions in rings, some olive oil and fresh thyme & pepper.
Velvet yellow split peas