5-6 phyllo dough sheets
500g pumpkin butternut, grated
5 tbsp glutinous rice
110g coconut sugar (3/4 cup)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg for coating (optional)
• Boil the rice for about 10’ minutes, drain and set aside.
• In a large nonstick pan, add the coconut oil and sauté the pumpkin in medium heat for about 2-3’ minutes.
• Add the rice, coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, mix well to combine and remove from heat.
• Cut the sheets of phyllo dough in the middle and also cut every half piece in 3 even stripes.
• Add about 2 tsp of the filling in the top of every stripe, fold the sides inward so that the filling doesn’t spill out and roll. Add a small amount of water to the edge so that it can stick and seal the cigar.
• Whisk the egg and brush the mini pies with it. Bake at 200*C until golden brown for about half an hour.
Recipe by @healthytasteland