500 gr red split lentils
1/2 teacup olive oil
2 onions chopped
2 leeks chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 carrots grated
1 red pepper (cut in cubes)
2 tomatoes chopped
2 spoons Tomato paste
2 laurel leaves
Vinegar and olive oil for serving
Salt and Pepper
• Rinse the lentils, boil them in plenty of water for 5 minutes and drain them.
• Heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and mix onion and leek for 3 minutes.
• Add garlic and carrot and mix them. Also add the tomato paste.
• Add the lentils, tomatoes, bay leaf and hot water to cover the food.
• Lid off and boil for about 25 minutes on low heat to pour the ingredients. Put salt and pepper in the end and add the remaining olive oil slowly, stirring with a wooden spoon on a low heat to churn the lentils.
• Add 2 teaspoons vinegar and sprinkle a little oregano. Test salt and pepper.
Serve with olives, feta cheese and roasted bread.